Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First attack

So, here's the deal.

My name is Luke, and I've been living in Clovis for about 22 years (save for a short break or two). If you don't know, Clovis is a small suburb of Fresno, California. Still don't know? Fresno is the middle point between Los Angeles and Sacramento. Really? Still can't find it? Well, it's a growing city, and sooner or later you'll hear of it. And not just in jokes.

Lately, I've been thinking I should post a blog for my friends who aren't from around here to read. Online friends, people I've met when out of town, etc etc. When I tell them I live in Clovis, they usually give me the fish hook in the eyebrow look. When I tell them it's a suburb of Fresno, they immediately assume it's farm country. Which it kind of is, I guess.

Well, I don't really have a lot of pride in this place, but at the same time it kind of irks me that they think there's nothing here. Even if, to be honest, it's the truth. Hence the name of this blog.

The second reason for making this is probably the more important of the two. It's, well, a school assignment. Okay, not really. The assignment is to simply write in a journal. To write all 7 days of the week. This isn't hard for me. I write even if no one tells me to. But I am a little lazy, and I figured if I put the blog idea and my assignment together, it might actually go somewhere. So here's hoping.

That's my writing assignment for today. Tomorrow I'll post my first entry in the "Not a lot in Clovis" blog project. Time to dust off the ol' digicam.

No comments:

Post a Comment